Adelaide United recognises the importance of playing an active role within the community and is committed to assisting to the growth of local organisations. The majority of Adelaide United player appearances are undertaken at local schools, junior clubs and Adelaide United events.
Appearances usually take place between 1-3pm for school visits and 6-8pm for club visits for no more than one hour and within 45 minutes from the city. All requests are considered on a case by case bases.
All player appearance requests are to be submitted by filling in our online player appearance request form (link).
When completing the community request form, please make sure your event outlines all details and fits the following criteria.
- Requests must be made at least six (6) weeks prior to your event
- There must be a clear role for players (eg signing autographs, handing out awards etc)
- No players can participate in sporting events due to risk of injury
- If you are a primary school and are interested in having an Adelaide United delivered football program please check out Sporting Schools (link) for more details.
- Requests for players to attend birthday parties, private functions or similar appearances of a personal nature will not be considered.
- Event location must not exceed 45 minutes driving time from Coopers Stadium location.
Availability of Players
During the off-season (off-seasons lasts from the dates of their final match, to the start of pre-season training) players are generally not available due to their annual leave or non-residence in the Adelaide metropolitan area.
All appearances are dependent on training schedules and traveling for matches, which can be subject to change at short notice.
Players are not available 24 hours before a match or on match day under any circumstances.
Many players like to be involved in community events and will make themselves available on their off days. But please note that many players have jobs/study or commit time to their families and may not be available.
Please note that unfortunately the club cannot accept responsibility for last minute player cancellations due to injury/illness or change of training schedules.
Please note that the number of requests we receive is far greater than the number we are able to fulfil and submitting a request does not guarantee a player appearance.
We are only able to contact successful requests.