AUFC fans are advised of the following changes in public transport and traffic conditions affecting our match with Sydney FC on Sunday, 14 January.
Stage 4 of the City Tram Extension Project commenced from Monday 1 January with the closure of the King William Street and North Terrace intersection to all traffic until 6am Monday 15 January.
Tram line closure & bus detours - Tuesday 2 to Sunday 14 January
- North Terrace / King William Street intersection closed to 6am Monday 15 January
- Tram line closed Victoria Square to Entertainment Centre
- Tram substitute bus operating to all closed tram stops meeting trams at Victoria Square for travel to and from Glenelg
- Bus detours in the city including tram substitute bus
From first service Monday 15 January until first service Monday 22 January the tram line will continue to be closed between Victoria Square and the Entertainment Centre. Substitute buses will operate to a different timetable during this closure due to there being no bus detours. The tram substitute timetable for 15 to 22 January will be available soon.
Tram substitute timetable 2 to 14 January
City bus detours 2 to 14 January
See the bus detours in the city during the closure of the King William and North Terrace intersection from 2 to 14 January
Changed bus stops
See details of closed bus stops and alternative boarding locations from 2 to 14 January.
- Trams will operate Glenelg to Victoria Square
- Substitute buses will operate between the Entertainment Centre and Victoria Square
- Sub buses meet the trams at Victoria Square for arrivals and departures
All substitute bus services are accessible for passengers, including the elderly, people in wheelchairs or with mobility devices and those travelling with prams. For large mobility devices that do not fit on buses, please contact Torrens Transit on 88292 8113 to request a wheelchair accessible taxi.
Tram substitute timetable and map
A tram subtitute timetable will be in operation during the closure of the King William Street and North Terrace intersection.
Works on South Road between Hawker Street and Port Road
As part of the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project, the T2T Alliance will be undertaking major pavement and asphalt works in the southbound lanes of South Road between Hawker Street and Port Road.
To minimise disturbance to peak hour traffic, the works will be undertaken at the following times, weather permitting:
- Paget Street to Monmouth Street from 7pm Friday 12 January to 6am Monday 15 January.
- Hawker Street to Paget Street from 8pm Thursday 18 January to 6am Monday 22 January.
Temporary traffic arrangements
From 7pm Friday 12 January to 6am Monday 15 January and from 8pm Thursday 18 January to 6am Monday 22 January:
South Road will be temporarily closed to southbound traffic between Hawker Street and Port Road.
- South Road northbound will remain open.
- Right turns from South Road in to Hawker Street will be maintained. No u-turns will be permitted.
- Right turns from Hawker Street on to South Road will be maintained.
- Left turns from Hawker Street on to South Road will be temporarily closed.
- A temporary u-turn facility will be available at Hawker Street for southbound traffic on South Road to travel northbound.
- Paget Street, Hythe Street, Monmouth Street and Forster Street will be intermittently closed at South Road during these works.
- Local detours will be in place, please click here click here to view local access detours.
- Traffic delays can be expected on South Road and Torrens Road.
- Signage will alert motorists to the changed traffic conditions.
- For alternative routes for light vehicles from 12 to 15 January, please click here and for heavy vehicles from 12 to 15 January, please click here.
- Alternative route maps for heavy and light vehicle maps from 18 to 22 January will be available by Friday 12 January.
Access to local businesses
- Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists to local businesses.
- Access to Croydon Shopping Centre and BWS will be available via Hawker Street.
Access to properties
- Access to some driveways may be temporarily impacted during these works.
- Residents and business operators will be notified in advance of any works that will have a direct impact, such as temporary driveway restrictions.
- Traffic controllers will assist motorists and residents as required during the works.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the eastern side of South Road under the direction of traffic controllers.
- The Cedar Avenue pedestrian bridge will be intermittently closed during these weekend works. Pedestrians should use the pedestrian crossing at Hawker Street.
- Cyclists should follow detour routes for motorists or dismount and use the available pedestrian access/crossings.
Bus users – Route numbers 251, 252, 253, 254 and N254
- Inbound and outbound bus routes will remain unchanged.
For more information
For more information in these works please email: email@example.com or call: 1300 794 899.
For real time traffic delay information, please visit: www.addinsight.com.au and download the app.
Please check the T2T Alliance website to confirm that these works are proceeding in case of wet weather.
Local detour maps and alternative route maps for heavy and light vehicles are available on the website at www.t2talliance.com.au