Throughout the month of March, Adelaide United went to great lengths to further our engagement with the local communities of South Australia.
- Sporting schools continued during March and a couple of schools were lucky enough to even get a special visit to their schools during their programs.
- Pablo Sanchez and Iacopo La Rocca visited Elizabeth Grove Primary School during a couple of their sessions and took control of two teams during their “World Cup Tournament” with Iacopo representing Italy and Pablo representing Spain.
- With the season drawing to a close, we had one last chance to get to a few primary schools before the team went into Finals mode.
- Our first stop was Annesley Junior School. Annesley has been running a Football program for the term and asked a few players to make it out to their last session for the term.
- Mate Dugandzic, Michael Marrone, and Sergio Cirio visited the school and helped the lucky coaches out, as well as getting involved an a few activities.
- Salisbury High was next. Apart of Harmony week, Jordan Elsey and Ben Warland joined the school’s festivities.
- The Northern Health Network (Headspace) invited us to the school as part of the week, and they had a lot going on. There was an inflatable pitch as well as a few other games going on in which the boys joined in on. The kids loved having the Reds there, and many selfies were taken on the day.
- Rounding out the month for school visits was Rostrevor College. Bruce Kamau, Craig Goodwin, and Dylan McGowan were invited by the school specifically an old school teacher/football coach of theirs from when they younger. The boys addressed a large assembly speaking about their healthy lifestyle, training loads, and how they made it to the level they are at today. There was also a special surprise for the boys with a short video of old pictures of them when they were in school as well as some highlights from their career so far. From there the boys ran a quick session for a few specially chosen boys where they were able to have a bit of a kick with our lads.
- If you want to see some of the boys in action, follow Adelaide United’s official Snapchat where you will see some amazing behind the scenes action. Search aufc_official.
Socceroos vs Tajikistan at Adelaide Oval
- Adelaide Oval was lucky enough to host the Socceroos in a World Cup Qualifier in March. Craig Goodwin, Michael Marrone, Isaias, Sergio Cirio, Jordan Elsey, and Stefan Mauk were all involved in some pre-match entertainment in the Eastern Plaza.
- The boys signed hundreds of posters, jerseys, hats and other Adelaide United merchandise, as well as taking some photos with the fans.
- There was also a small pitch set up where the boys took turns in taking on the public, and many were lucky enough to score against the United players and receive a double pass to our last game of the season vs Central Coast Mariners.
- With the National Premier League season up and running, our NPL squad took on the South Adelaide Panthers. On the day we snuck home with a tight 2-1 win, and our First Team’s Head Coach, Guillermo Amor, and Assistant Head Coach, Pau Marti, were present to watch the game unfold.
- At half time both Guillermo and Pau jumped into the clubrooms and got involved in some signings and photos with the South Adelaide Panther and Reds fans.