Football Federation Australia (FFA) today released the draw for the Foxtel Y-League 2018/19 Season, with Adelaide United hosting Melbourne Victory at Marden Sports Complex on Saturday, 10 November.
United Youth will play one double header match with a Hyundai A-League fixture - against the Victory - as the prelude to the clash at Marvel Stadium between the two senior outfits.
There will also be two home double headers with Westfield W-League matches in January.
Once again, the Foxtel Y-League will see ten clubs divided into two conferences; Conference A (Adelaide United, Brisbane Roar FC, Melbourne City FC, Melbourne Victory and Perth Glory) and Conference B (Central Coast Mariners, Canberra United, Newcastle Jets, Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers FC). Within each conference, the teams will play each other twice over 10 rounds (4 home / 4 away – 8 matches and 2 byes per team).
The Foxtel National Y-League 2018/19 Season will commence on the weekend of 10/11 November 2018, with the top team from each conference to meet in the Foxtel Y-League 2019 Grand Final on the weekend of the 2/3 February 2019.
FFA’s Head of Leagues, Greg O’Rourke, believes that the Foxtel Y-League plays an important role in the Australian Football ecosystem.
“Having a strong Foxtel Y-League helps complement the football development of Australia’s best youth footballers who also play in their respective local National Premier Leagues competitions during the winter months,” O’Rourke said.
“This competition not only allows the best youth footballers to test themselves against their age-group peers from around the country, it also allows them to learn from, and play with, Hyundai A-League players who are either returning from injury or who need match minutes.
“The Foxtel Y-League is the perfect stepping stone for our most talented players who aspire to play in the Hyundai A-League and become heroes in their own right,” concluded O’Rourke.
Key features of the Foxtel Y-League 2018/19 Season Draw include:
- Five (5) Double-Header matches with Westfield W-League fixtures across the season
- Round 3 (Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Central Coast Mariners) with Westfield W-League Round 4 (Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Newcastle Jets) @ Marconi Stadium, Fairfield
- Round 4 (Melbourne City FC v Melbourne Victory) with Westfield W-League Round 4 (Melbourne City FC v Adelaide United) @ CB Smith Reserve, Moreland
- Round 9 (Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar FC) with Westfield W-League Round 12 (Adelaide United v Western Sydney Wanderers FC) @ Marden Sports Complex, Marden
- Round 9 (Melbourne City FC v Perth Glory) with Westfield W-League Round 12 (Melbourne City FC v Newcastle Jets) @ CB Smith Reserve, Moreland
- Round 10 (Adelaide United v Melbourne City FC) with Westfield W-League Round 13 (Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets) @ Marden Sports Complex, Marden
- One (1) Double-Header match with a Hyundai A-League fixture
- Round 5 (Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United) prior to Hyundai A-League Round 7 (Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United) at Marvel Stadium, Docklands
- Three (3) Rounds in January to allow for Foxtel Y-League players to be used for Hyundai A-League matches during the Summer of Football.