This week, our dedicated partner, Dr Chris Koulos from Burnside Cosmetic & Skin Cancer Centre provided skin cancer checks to our Adelaide United players.
We have been working closely with the owner of Burnside Cosmetic & Skin Cancer Centre (BCSCC) this season to help minimise the risk of sun damage to our players by providing maximum sun protection and education on skin cancer awareness.
The skin cancer screenings, available at BCSCC in Burnside Village, are crucial for early detection of skin cancers. Skin cancers are largely preventable with the right education and protection.
The players were very grateful for the opportunity and have taken away some very useful knowledge and tips for themselves and their families.
BCSCC stocks a range of daily protective moisturisers which contain SPF30+ and SPF50+.
As a special offer, all Adelaide United members will receive a five per cent discount on all sunscreen products at BCSCC.
Here are some handy tips to reduce your risk from Dr Chris:
- Wear sun protective clothing that covers as much skin as possible.
- Use a SPF30+ minimum sunscreen. Apply at least 20 minutes before you go outdoors and every two hours afterwards.
- Wear a hat, ideally one that protects your face, head, neck and ears.
- Stay in the shade as much as possible.
- Wear sunglasses that are approved by Australian Standards.