Adelaide United’s fixtures have been released for the Westfield W-League 2018/19 season, which will see the Reds return to Coopers Stadium for their first home match of the campaign.
In a ground-breaking first for the Westfield W-League, Adelaide United fans can watch all fixtures from the 2018/19 season live via the My Football Live app, while all Thursday night games will be broadcast live on Fox Sports in prime-time and a select number of games available through simulcast on SBS VICELAND.
The Reds begin their campaign with a Round 1 away trip against Melbourne Victory on Sunday, 28 October at AAMI Park, whilst also concluding the regular season with three consecutive home fixtures.
Following a bye and Women’s FIFA International Break, the Reds play another match on the road against Brisbane Roar before hosting Canberra United on Thursday, 22 November at Coopers Stadium.
Ivan Karlović’s side tackle reigning champions, Melbourne City, interstate in Round 5, and return home to Marden Sports Complex to host Perth Glory on Thursday, 6 December.
Adelaide host Victory in a Friday night blockbuster on 21 December, whilst entering the New Year with a bye, and taking on Canberra in the nation’s capital in Round 11.
On Saturday, 19 January Adelaide entertain Western Sydney Wanderers, before playing two Friday night games against Newcastle Jets and Brisbane respectively.
Adelaide United Westfield W-League memberships will be on sale soon.
Key features of the Westfield W-League 2018/19 Season:
- Westfield W-League 2018/19 Season will be played over 14 Rounds (54 matches) followed by the Westfield W-League 2019 Finals Series (3 matches)
- Every match accessible via FOX SPORTS broadcast and/or live stream (57 matches, being 54 regular season and 3 Finals Series) up from 27 matches last season
- Introduction of stand-alone, prime-time football on Thursday night which will be broadcast on FOX SPORTS supported by live stream via www.foxsports.com.au and My Football Live app – Live, Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers
- Regular Season will see 27 matches broadcast on FOX SPORTS (14 stand-alone and 13 double headers) and 27 matches live streamed on www.foxsports.com.au, 15 matches broadcast on SBS VICELAND and the My Football Live app delivering 30 more regular season matches to fans via viewing platforms this season
- All 3 Westfield W-League 2019 Finals Series matches will be broadcast live on FOX SPORTS and SBS VICELAND and the My Football Live app
- Each Club will host at least two home broadcast matches during the Westfield W-League 2018/19 Season
- 15 Westfield W-League/Hyundai A-League Double-Header matches
- Break for FIFA Women’s International Matches (5 - 13 November 2018)
- Themed Rounds:
- rebel Female Football Round – Round 4 (22-25 November 2018)
- rebel Play Football Round – Westfield W-League 2019 Finals Series Week 1 (8-10 February 2019)
- The Westfield W-League 2019 Semi Finals will be played on the weekend of 9-10 February 2019 with the Westfield W-League 2019 Grand Final scheduled for the weekend of 16-17 February 2019.
- Salary Cap increasing to $350,000 (approx. 16.5% increase on last year)
- Salary Cap floor increasing to $221,166 (approx. 22.8% increase on last year)
- Minimum Retainer increasing to $12,287 for 23-week period (approx. 22.8% increase on last year)
- Average salary expected to rise to approximately $17,500 for 23-week period
Current International Broadcast Partners include:
- ESPN+ (North America)
- BT Sport (UK)
For the full Westfield W-League draw visit www.w-league.com.au
Adelaide United Fixtures: