Skip to main content
The rivalry fired up last time they met and as these two title aspirants prepare for Friday night's do-or-die Semi-Final at Coopers Stadium we look at the fixture's history.
- Games played: 6
- Adelaide United wins: 3
- Melbourne City wins: 3
- There have been 21 goals in the six previous meetings, with Adelaide edging it 11-10
- Yellow cards: 36 (18 apiece)
- Red cards: 2 (1 apiece)
- Games in Adelaide: There has been three fixtures between the Reds and City at Coopers Stadium, with City winning two of those (both this season)
- Biggest winning margin: Adelaide’s biggest win came last season, a 4-1 triumph at Coopers.
- City’s largest win was earlier this campaign with a 4-2 victory.
- Four of the six wins in this fixture have come from the away team
- Spanish forward, Pablo Sanchez, is the leading scorer in this fixture with three goals.
- Bruce Djite, Aaron Mooy and Bruno Fornaroli all have two goals in this fixture.