Founded in 2003, Adelaide United Football Club (AUFC) is South Australian’s only professional football club. The club competes in the A-League, W-League, and the South Australian National Premier Leagues.
The club exists for the people of South Australia, as a custodian for the game of football, and serves to foster the passion, pride, and purpose that football evokes within the community.
The club’s ambition is to be the most engaged, respected, and successful football club in Australia.
About The Role
AUFC is seeking an Event Manager to join the business on a full time basis. The Event Manager is responsible for the successful end-to-end delivery of a number of events consisting of match day and business events, corporate hospitality, public events and internal department events.
Importantly, this role will work closely with the Marketing, Membership, Community and Commercial teams to plan and deliver high quality events that engage with a broad cross section of the South Australian business and football communities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop the Club’s annual event calendar and ensure the successful end to end delivery of all AUFC events.
- Plan, prepare and execute all match day events and liaise with all relevant departments to help fulfil relevant objectives and requirements.
- Manage the planning and execution of all AUFC matchday partner events including corporate hospitality, the Chairman’s Club, RAA Lounge, Australian Outdoor Living Deck and partner activations.
- Lead the development and execution of all United Business Series events.
- Lead the design of major event concepts and themes, including but not limited to season launch, Alagich Vidmar Awards and any other major Club events.
- Assist the Membership and Ticketing team in the planning and execution of member related events, including Member Forums and Open Training Sessions.
- Prepare detailed event budgets and monitor forecast ensuring continual review with Finance department.
- Ensure risk management assessments are completed and documented for all events.
- Liaise with Australian Professional Leagues (APL), Football Australia (FA), Adelaide Venue Management (AVM) and other relevant event and operation departments.
- Provide reports of relevant activities as requested.
The successful candidate will be and honest, positive individual with high level of enthusiasm and energy. They will possess outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and have a minimum of 2-4 years industry experience.
Apply now for this opportunity by sending a resume to email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for the short list will be contacted in relation to this role.
Adelaide United Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates.